Thursday, February 28, 2013

Silhouette and Bella Blvd

I am SO excited about the project I have to share with you today! For the last couple of days I've been playing with the Designer Edition of the Silhouette Software. I've had so much fun! I can't wait to show you what I've learned and what I created.

For my first project I worked with the "knives" feature. I started with THIS image from the Silhouette store.
  
I copied this image three times and used the rulers that come on the top and right of the screen to measure so I got the hearts evenly spaced across the page.
Then I used the knife feature and cut the middle heart in half using the triangular knife.
After that I moved the right half of the heart slightly to the right and down to make the heart look broken.
After I cut the image I used the negative part of the paper for my design. I used a pencil to trace hearts and covered the penciled in hearts with designer tape. I then adhered my patterned paper on top of the cardstock to create my background.
Here's a few detailed images of my layout:


And here's the final project:
 
look at those blue eyes...I love this lil guy! Thanks for stopping by today, make sure you stop by the Bella Blvd blog today. They have a Silhouette Portrait to give away to one of their blog readers. Tomorrow I'll have a tutorial for my second layout using the Designer Software. Make sure to come back here and see it :)

1 comment:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS