Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sledding

I neglected to share my most recent Bella Blvd project. This layout is already one of our family favorites. I have it standing on an easel in my living room. My kids are always talking about the great time we had sledding at the family cabin Thanksgiving weekend 2011.
My assigment from the gals at Bella Blvd was to create a layout using this image as inspiration. Today I also tell you a little bit about the design and why I chose the placement for my embellishments and title.
I chose to create my layout based on the colors and the snowflakes in the image.
I started the layout by cutting the title using my Silhouette. Because I had four smaller photos I wanted an element to stand out and draw attention to the photos on my page.


 I used some glitter tape by American Crafts behind my title to add a little sparkle.


On either side of my title I added some die cut snowflakes with some bling in the center. I added the bakers twine so there was a little bit of movement and so all my lines weren't straight.

I created two embellishment clusters using Bella Blvd embellishments and die cut snowflakes. These clusters are in the upper right hand corner of the page and the lower left hand corner of the page so that your eye will move across the page and make the photos stand out in between.


Here's the whole layout. I know that I'll have to create 2 more of these layouts so that each of my kiddos will have one in their albums.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I talked about sledding today too :) Family memories are The Best! https://www.facebook.com/Latterdaycrafter

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is fabulous!! I love the flag cluster and the glitter tape!! So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS