Thursday, May 1, 2014

Paper Camellia May Reveal

It's May first, May Day! I'm so excited! You know what May first means....reveal time at Paper Camellia! This month I worked with the main kit and the add-on kit.

I spent a little bit of time traveling in April so squeezing in my scrapbooking commitments was a little bit difficult. I even took a few of my scrapbooking supplies with me. My husband and kiddos think I'm crazy but I actually got quite a bit done during the game. It was windy and rainy so I was watching the game from the car anyway.

I completed a couple of cards and this layout while I was watching the baseball game, how's that for multitasking?!?!
 I hand cut these little arrows with a pair of scissors at the game

These stickers from Heidi Swapp are adorable. They are so easy to work with too!

I also used the Heidi Swapp epoxy stickers on this project too when I combined the bits and pieces I had left from the main kit and the add-on kit.
 


And here's the completed project:


The third project I created has an interesting story.
I finally got a few quiet minutes to create while the kiddos were taking a nap and I sat down to create a project similar to this one:
I wanted to use the chipboard letters that are included in the add-on kit. I began placing the letters on a piece of white cardstock
My intention was to add a photo in the lower left hand corner of the page. I had the photo picked out an everything. BUT once I got adding the letters I really really liked it without a photo. So, I decided to take a different direction and turn the project into a wall hanging for a baby girl's nursery.
 
I added a few embellishments, stitched the letters down, added some patterned paper around the edges and put it in a frame.
I love how it turned out! I've never had a layout that I turned into a wall hanging mid creative process. Although, I'm thinking that I may change it up a bit and paint the frame white. What do you think? Do you like the frame black or should I paint it white?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome projects....love your style & neat ideas! I really like the framed chipboard letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so excited that you liked the wall hanging! <3

      Delete
  2. beautiful projects Becki! and wtg with the multi tasking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always working on my multitasking skills ;)
      Thanks Leanne!

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing this awesome layout. I loved it so much that i scrap lifted and blogged about it here http://scrappingismylife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/green-lemonade.html thanks so much xxx

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS