Monday, May 12, 2014

SNAP Conference Review & Elle's Studio May Kit Reveal

 
When I boarded the shuttle to attend the SNAP blogging conference I was so nervous. I had never attended a conference let alone traveled by myself.  I had no idea what an inspiring event I was going to be a part of. It was nothing short of an amazing, life changing experience. Putting my experience into words hasn't been easy and I'm still digesting all the information and rereading my notes. Not only did I learn so much but I was able to spend some time with some wonderful, successful women. I was able to make some new friends and reacquainted myself with some friends I hadn't seen in a while.
I spent some of my time volunteering and some of my time attending classes. I sat in each class and at meals in awe of the successful women that were surrounding me and wondering what each of their stories were and how each of them had evolved into bloggers and professional women. 
I learned so much from them and also learned so much about myself. I've already started implementing what I learned and I can't wait to use all of the ideas that came from the conference.
One thing that I loved about the conference was how excited and willing everyone was to share their tips, techniques, successes and even their list of "what not to do." I shared a room with 3 bloggers who were so kind and willing to answer my questions. They all have amazing blogs. (Creative Green Living, Busy Mom's Helper, Elise's Pieces)

There was so much to focus on I've chosen 5 things that I am going to work on:
  1. Follow-up: There were so many people I connected with I want to make sure to keep those connections by following up. 
  2. Continue to review notes: I took almost 20 pages of notes throughout the conference. This is where most of my to-do list is coming from. I keep rereading notes and visiting websites of the class contributors. 
  3. Say Thank You!: I have written a few but I still need to write a couple more thank you notes.  
  4. Prioritize and Scheduling as in; working ahead, scheduling my time with family, blogging, scrapbooking commitments, and house work. 
  5. Writing and Storytelling. Simply telling my story.
In true scrapbooking style, I created a mini album documenting a few memories from the SNAP conference with the Elle's Studio May's kit. I created small tag album (about 3x4). This kit has lots of fun bits and pieces.








The statement on this page of the album sums up the entire event. I can do this! ....and I think it goes without saying that I'm already making plans to attend the SNAP Conference next year
 
Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for Let's Talk Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. How fun that you got to go to SNAP Conference! I have LOTS of friends down here that go. Also, you're always welcome to stay with us next time. :) Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shine, You'll have to let me know who some of your friends are. Maybe I met some of them along the way. I'll keep your place in mind when I'm making plans for next years conference.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS