I always keep a small bag of supplies packed and ready to go.
Here's what I keep in that bag:
- Cardstock (white, kraft, black) only a sheet or two of each. These are the three colors I use the most.
- A cutting mat. I bought one on clearance at Walmart a few months ago. It's only a little bigger than 12x12 but it provides me a small surface to work on.
- Scissors. I love these ones from American Crafts. They're not too big and they're not too small...just right
- Adhesive. I keep two kinds in my bag, some dimensional foam adhesive and a small tape runner (I keep one extra tape runner refill in my bag too).
- Pens & a pencil. (One of each). I love the Becky Higgins PL pens. The pencil is just a plain ole' yellow pencil...or a spider man pencil, or a jack-o-lantern pencil, or if I'm feeling really festive a silvery glitter pencil with pink hearts.
- Paper Trimmer. I tend to stare at a piece of paper with a look of "what do I do with this?" on my face if I don't have a paper trimmer.
- Stapler (and a few extra staples). I love the new one from American Crafts.
- Small notebook. I use this for rough drafting my journaling or jotting down creative ideas or a few notes.
- A small kit. Sometimes I create my own kits or sometimes I have a recent kit from a kit club. It depends on the time. I always have one in my bag but this is the item that I switch out most often.
How do you take advantage of your extra time in the car?